Interest: An updated strategic plan that is sensitive to difficult economic times and that would guide Easter Seals's growth and expanded services within limited resources.
ESC Advantage: ESC is proud of its many ongoing and long-time relationships with Chicago area nonprofits, including its 23-year relationship with Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago. Serving as a trusted nonprofit source of information and a consulting partner, ESC is there for our nonprofit clients through periods of change, opportunity, and transition. Easter Seals's 2012 ESC consulting team included a physician with expertise in collaborative strategy whose knowledge helped guide a new strategic direction regarding academic and research institutions. Team expertise in board governance facilitated committee structure changes to implement the plan and create accountability for progress.
- Updated mission and vision statements reflecting the organization's current services and goals for the future
- Identification of critical strategic issues in finance, fund development, human resources, governance, marketing and communications, and program development to be addressed in Easter Seals's ongoing annual business planning process
- A dynamic strategic plan with goals, challenges, and opportunities as well as the structure for accountability and progress
- Strategies to strengthen decision-making and drive strategic plan implementation
Transformative Benefits: A "big picture" strategic direction and specific guidelines to achieve a 12% per year growth in clients served over the next three years.
"Working with ESC presented an exciting opportunity for Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago (ESMC) in the development of our overall agency strategic plan. Their professionalism and consultation provided the necessary direction in ESMC achieving success."
- F. Timothy Muri / President & CEO,
Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago
The Nonprofit: Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago provides a continuum of care from infancy through adulthood that maximizes independence and opportunity for people with disabilities and special needs by providing a lifespan of premier services.