Low levels of overhead funding leave many nonprofits financially vulnerable; and, additionally many lack the cash reserves necessary to build a safety net for the unexpected, according to a 2012 research summary report1. Ensuring the sustainability of any organization requires thoughtful attention to financial planning.
ESC consulting teams work with nonprofit clients to strengthen their financial operations and planning through:
- Analysis of internal controls
- Review of financial policies and procedures
- Cash management advice based on best practices
- Evaluation of the organization’s investment
- Budgeting process review and assistance